Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Anchor

"Authors notes"
a) I liked this essay because I think I have a lot more voice in it than in my other ones.
b) I think my essay really shows my relationship with my family and how they have helped me become who I am as a person.
c) I don't know if it is long enough but I don't really know how to elaborate much more.
d) After reading my essay do you feel that I am showing my self enough or is it to focused on my family.

As my brother and I drove down a dirt road to the mall, the noise of his blaring music and the chill of the February air through the open windows consumed me. He turned and looked at me sympathetically.
“Stop thinking about it, he’s not even worth it” he exclaimed.
“I just can’t get it out of my mind though” I whined. I was feeling so miserable. As he focused on the road again, I tried to let the music overcome me and drown out my thoughts but had little success. Moments passed, then all of a sudden we hit a corner and flew off the road onto a path in an empty corn field.
“What are you doing?” I yelled. As we came to a stop he looked at me and laughed.
“You stopped thinking about it didn’t you.” 
At that moment, when my heart was racing and I grasped the sides of the car, I had indeed let my thoughts slip my mind; I started laughing.
When I got home later on, I really thought about what had happened. My family is always there for me through everything, and from them I learn so much. I have gained patience and forgiveness from the fights that never lasted; I know that things don’t always go your way, but from that I have learned to compromise. I know that I am strong and self confident in the things I do because i was raised to believe in myself.
I’ve learned to let go of the past, though remembering the good times and embrace the future, giving it all you have. Things may bring us down, but I have learned that time only lasts so long and you can’t let yourself be bogged down with things that are not important. Mostly though, I have learned that throughout all the adventured and traumas life throws at you, family will always be by your side, helping you to be your best.    


No comments:

Post a Comment